The family of a man who died following a “mass disturbance” in a South Lanarkshire street say they have been left devastated by his loss.
Stuart McGeachie was found seriously injured by emergency services after he was assaulted outside a premises in Rutherglen at around 7pm on Tuesday.
The 38-year-old, from the Rutherglen area, managed to make his way to a nearby flat but was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police Scotland are treating his death as suspicious and enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances.
In a statement, his family said: “We are devastated at the loss of Stuart.
“He was a much loved son, father and brother who will be greatly missed.”
Investigating officers said the incident involved a number of people.
Detective Chief Inspector John Morrison said: “Our thoughts are with the family and friends of Stuart at this very difficult time.
“Our enquiries have so far revealed this incident involved a number of people, that we believe are known to each other.”
Read more from Sky News:
Maine shooting: 20 feared dead as police hunt for suspect
What to do if you’re attacked by a dangerous dog
DCI Morrison asked for eyewitnesses or anyone with any information to get in touch with officers.
They can contact Police Scotland on 101, Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or submit details via a specially set up online portal.
Separately, a 39-year-old man has been arrested and charged with possessing an offensive weapon in connection with the disturbance and was due to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Thursday.