Skip to content
Home ยป Hunt For Mob After Supporter Attacked Following Football Match

Hunt For Mob After Supporter Attacked Following Football Match

An investigation has been launched into the gang assault of a Raith Rovers supporter following the club’s away match with Dunfermline Athletic on Tuesday afternoon.

Both Fife teams have vowed to identify the offenders, with those caught warned they will be banned from Dunfermline’s ground.

The incident took place after the Scottish Championship match at KDM Group East End Park following Raith Rovers’ 2-1 win over their rivals.

A video circulating online appears to show a young man being violently kicked by a number of other men while lying on the ground.

Police Scotland said it is carrying out enquiries following the assault of an 18-year-old man at around 5.30pm.

The force said the teenager was taken to Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy for treatment.

League leaders Raith Rovers posted a statement on X, saying the football club was aware of an incident involving one of its fans being assaulted.

The club said: “We have contacted the supporter to check on their wellbeing and to see how we can provide support in any way possible.”

Raith Rovers confirmed the incident had been reported to police and the club would work with Dunfermline to identify the culprits involved in the attack.

Read more from Sky News:

How wars could unfold in 2024

Hunt for driver after fatal Edinburgh shooting

Dunfermline Athletic said it was aware of the video circulating online.

The club released a statement on Wednesday morning, saying: “The club condemns all forms of violence in the strongest possible way and we will support the authorities in identifying any individuals involved.

“We will work with Raith Rovers to ensure that the supporter involved receives the support they need.

“Any supporter found to have taken part in this horrible act will be banned from KDM Group East End Park.”

Police Scotland is appealing for anyone who witnessed the attack to come forward.

Inspector Neil McGurk added: “This type of behaviour is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. We will work with both football clubs to identify those responsible”.