Skip to content
Home ยป Man Appears In Court Charged With Murder Of Woman In Seaside Town

Man Appears In Court Charged With Murder Of Woman In Seaside Town

A man has appeared in court charged with the murder of a woman in a seaside town – as her family said they were struggling to come to terms with her death.

Adam Barnard, 40, appeared before Norwich Crown Court accused of killing 33-year-old Tara Kershaw in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk Police said.

Her body was found inside a property on Princes Road in Great Yarmouth on 20 January.

Image: Tara Kershaw Pic: PA/Norfolk Police Barnard, of Princes Road, is accused of her murder between 18 January and 20 January.

Norfolk Police said the pair were believed to be known to one another.

Barnard was remanded in custody at Thursday’s hearing and is due to appear before Norwich Crown Court on 12 April.

In a statement, the family of Ms Kershaw said: “Following the death of our beloved sister, which we are struggling to come to terms with at the present time, we would like to ask people to respect our wishes for privacy.

“We would like to be given the time to grieve the loss of Tara and come to terms with the circumstances in which her life was taken.”

Norfolk Police were alerted to an incident in Princes Road at 9.11am on 20 January, where they found the body of Ms Kershaw.

An initial post-mortem examination indicated that her death was consistent with compression to the neck, but further tests are required.

Read more:

Speedboat killer Jack Shepherd released from prison

Harry and Meghan attend Bob Marley film premiere in Jamaica

Nude artist claims museum ‘turned a blind eye to sexual assaults’

Detective Inspector Alix Wright said: “We continue with our inquiries to understand the full circumstances which led to Tara’s death and would urge anyone who may have seen or heard anything in the days leading up to Saturday morning, to get in touch.

“We believe this to be an isolated incident and both parties were known to one another.”

Norfolk Police has referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct over previous contact with officers before the woman died.