Skip to content
Home ยป Woman Who Accused Christian Horner Of Inappropriate Behaviour Is Suspended By Red Bull

Woman Who Accused Christian Horner Of Inappropriate Behaviour Is Suspended By Red Bull

Red Bull boss Christian Horner’s accuser has been suspended following the investigation into a claim of inappropriate behaviour against the Formula 1 team principal, Sky News understands.

Horner, who has always denied the allegations against him, was cleared of misconduct by the F1 team’s Austrian parent company Red Bull GmbH last week.

It is understood his female accuser, who is believed to have reported in for work in Milton Keynes on Monday, has been suspended on full pay as a direct result of Red Bull’s inquiry.

A Red Bull Racing spokesperson said: “We are unable to comment as it is an internal matter.”

Following last weekend’s season-opening race in Bahrain, in which Red Bull cars came first and second, Horner said he was “absolutely confident” he would stay on as the team’s boss for the remainder of the season.

The 50-year-old, who is married to former Spice Girl Geri Horner, is due to be back in the spotlight in an official FIA press conference at 6.30pm local time (3.30pm UK time) in Saudi Arabia on Thursday.

Image: Christian and Geri Horner at the Bahrain Grand Prix qualifying race on Saturday. Pic: PA His accuser is believed to have received a legal letter at the beginning of this week and now has five working days to appeal against the outcome of the investigation which has cast an enormous shadow over Red Bull and the sport.

A statement from Red Bull GmbH last Wednesday read: “The independent investigation into the allegations made against Mr Horner is complete, and Red Bull can confirm that the grievance has been dismissed.

“The complainant has a right of appeal.-

“Red Bull is confident that the investigation has been fair, rigorous and impartial.

“The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned. Red Bull will continue striving to meet the highest workplace standards.”

Image: Horner with Max Verstappen at the Canadian Grand Prix in 2023 The latest development comes days after the father of Red Bull driver Max Verstappen, a three-time world champion, said the team was in danger of being “torn apart” if Horner remained in his position.

Jos Verstappen told The Daily Mail: “There is tension here while he remains in position… It can’t go on the way it is (the team) will explode.”

It came after Horner said he could not comment when asked about alleged evidence in the case which was leaked to numerous media organisations and F1 team principals from an anonymous email account.

He described the leak, which claimed to show WhatsApp messages shared between him and the accuser, as “anonymous speculative messages from an unknown source”.

The leak emerged after the Red Bull team principal had been cleared in the case.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

0:24

Red Bull boss seen with wife Geri Horner ahead of the Bahrain Grand Prix. Horner has earlier said his wife has been “very supportive” since the allegation was made and he had been “overwhelmed” by messages of goodwill from within the sport.

He has been Red Bull team principal since they entered Formula 1 19 years ago and is the longest-serving boss on the grid.

During that period he has overseen seven drivers’ world championships and six constructors’ titles.